Bacon is a breakfast food staple. It is savory, salty, and greasy- the perfect food to eat while nursing a hangover. While pork bacon is incredibly popular, some people overlook turkey bacon, which is a shame because it’s absolutely delicious.
Turkey bacon is an excellent alternative to pork bacon for people who are trying to watch their cholesterol or if they have a dietary restriction in which they can’t eat pork. It is available in almost any grocery store.
Turkey bacon, especially the uncured kind, is actually healthier than pork bacon. It has a slightly less amount of fat and it also has fewer calories.
However, it is still high in saturated fat and sodium, just like pork bacon. There are some brands of turkey bacon that make options with reduced sodium. Nonetheless, turkey bacon is still best when enjoyed in moderation.
Have you tried cooking turkey bacon in an air fryer? If not, you’re missing out! The crispiness of it is unmatched. When you cook bacon on the stovetop, it’s common for grease to splatter unexpectedly, which can stain your clothes or even burn you if you aren’t careful. That doesn’t happen with air fryer cooking!
This air fryer turkey bacon recipe is simple to follow and only takes about 10 minutes. It’s perfect for a busy morning!
How to make Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer?
• 1 package of uncured turkey bacon
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange turkey bacon slices to fit in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the basket and flip the bacon over to the other side.
- Place the basket back inside the air fryer and cook for 5 more minutes. Feel free to cook for more or less time depending on how crispy you like your turkey bacon.
- Repeat steps with any remaining slices of turkey bacon.
- Tips and Tricks:
• An air fryer will make your turkey bacon extra crispy. If that isn’t how you prefer it, it’s probably a good idea to keep an eye on the bacon while it’s cooking. Cook times can vary depending on the model of the air fryer!
• There won’t be nearly as much grease as there would if you were to cook the bacon on the stovetop, but if you’re paying extra attention to your calorie intake, you can place the slices of turkey bacon on a piece of paper towel to soak up any excess grease that there may be.
• Air fryer
• Tongs (or any utensil to flip the turkey bacon halfway through)
• Plates for serving
Turkey bacon is the perfect side to any breakfast. It is just one of many foods that can come out of an air fryer so delightfully crispy that it’ll be difficult to just have one slice. It’s so simple when the air fryer does everything for you. Be sure to add turkey bacon to your next grocery list!