Bagel Bites are a classic childhood snack. They were always one of those items in the frozen food section that you would beg your parents to buy.
While of course, you can still make frozen bagel bites in an air fryer (and we won’t judge you if you do), did you know you can make them yourself with just a few ingredients? They come together in no time at all and are actually very inexpensive to make, too.
What exactly are bagel bites?
For those of you that may not know, the name is literal. They are simply mini bagel halves that are topped with typical pizza toppings- sauce, cheese, pepperoni, etc. In essence, they are a bite-size combination between a bagel and a pizza. They emerge from the air fryer piping hot and make the perfect snack.
How to cook bagel bites in air fryer?
Bagel bites are incredibly easy to assemble and cook. You can find mini bagels at almost any grocery store, and the best part is, some of them are already cut in half so you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself.
Once the 5 bagels are halved, use a spoon or small spatula to spread the marinara sauce on the bagel halves, just like you would a pizza. Next, top them with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese and any other desired toppings such as mini pepperoni, sausage crumbles, or diced veggies.
After the air fryer preheats to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, arrange the bagel bites in a single layer and bake them for 4 minutes, or until the cheese starts to get brown and melted. Just remember that some air fryer cook times can vary, so keep an eye on your bites to make sure they don’t burn.
In a short amount of time, you can have the perfect movie night snack or side dish. The full recipe can be found below:
Bagel Bites Air Fryer
• 5 mini bagels, cut in half
• 1/3 cup marinara sauce
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional Toppings: • Mini pepperoni • Crumbled sausage
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Halve the mini bagels and spread the marinara sauce on each half. Top them with the shredded mozzarella cheese and desired toppings.
- Repeat for all bagels.
- Place the bagels into the air fryer basket or on a tray (depending on which air fryer model you have).
- Set timer for 4 minutes, or until cheese is gooey and melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Tips and Tricks:
• You could use either homemade or store-bought marinara sauce, or even different sauces such as alfredo or pesto if you want to change it up.
• If possible, shred the mozzarella cheese yourself for maximum freshness.
• Finely dice some veggies, like onions or bell peppers, to use as toppings.
• Air fryer
• Spoon (or a utensil to spread the sauce)
• Serrated knife (to halve the bagels if they aren’t already)
• Plates for serving