You can easily and quickly prepare the crispiest air fryer potato wedges with spices that you might already have available in your pantry. You can always depend on this recipe for those periods when energy and time are scarce.
Frozen potato wedges made in an air fryer are a perfect side dish to cook, especially when you do not have much time. They are delicious, simple to cook, and are ready in less than no time. After you have air-fried frozen potato wedges for the first time, you will always want to use the same method to cook them.
How to cook frozen potato wedges in an air fryer
One of the best ways to cook frozen potato wedges is by air frying. Using an air fryer makes the food to be perfectly cooked, resulting in golden crispy potato wedges in just a few minutes. Plus, this method is much healthier compared to making use of a deep fryer, and it also makes the potato wedges taste better than when it is baked with an oven.
Additionally, making use of a basket-style air fryer does not require you to flip all of them individually, like when you are using an oven for cooking. You just need to shake the basket a couple of times while cooking to redistribute the wedges.
From the time I realized the greatness of air fryers when it comes to cooking frozen foods, I stopped making use of my oven to cook them. You can still try to air fry other frozen foods like air fryer frozen pizza, air fryer egg rolls, air fryer curly fries, and air fryer pizza rolls.
Air frying has also become our favorite method of making fried potato dishes nowadays. You can try out this recipe to make your delicious crispy and golden air fryer potato wedges.
How to make air fryer potato wedges
The first step is to wash and properly cut your potatoes into wedges. Next, combine them with the dried herbs, oil, and spices in a large bag. Allow the air fryer to preheat for up to 3 minutes. Then, arrange them in one layer in the air fryer’s basket and cook for up to 20 minutes. You can decide to stop cooking when they are already cooked through and golden brown. To prevent the potatoes from sticking, shake the air fryer’s basket every 5 minutes while cooking. After cooking is complete, remove the potatoes from your air fryer, and then sprinkle with a freshly grated Parmesan cheese or parsley.
When you soak potatoes before making homemade fries or roasting, you will be able to remove some starches, thus making the exterior crispier.
Remember to dry your potatoes thoroughly before you cook them so that they crisp rather than steam.
Potatoes: You can use almost any potato. But, russets are preferable because they contain more starch, and their interior is always fluffier after air frying. If you do not have much time, you can make use of a frozen potato wedges bag instead of fresh potatoes.
Seasoning Mix: Making use of seasonings will make the potato wedges great for dunking and dipping and extremely flavorful. You can either make use of dried or fresh herbs.
Oil: You can either make use of vegetable oil or olive oil. But, you just need very little of it.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Before you combine the cut wedges with your ingredients, make sure you dry them well.
- The air fryer should be preheated for about two-three minutes.
- You can make use of Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes.
- The temperatures of air fryers vary. Therefore, be watchful of the potatoes and cook them until they are cooked through and golden brown.
- You do not need to always turn the potatoes individually. Just shake the basket of the air fryer multiple times while cooking so that the wedges do not stick.
- This recipe is great as an appetizer or a side dish. Sever the air fryer potato wedges with different dipping sauces to make a more delicious appetizer.
- It takes about 2-3 minutes for these potatoes to reheat well in an air fryer.
How to cut potatoes into wedges for air fryer
To cut potatoes into wedges, first cut them lengthwise in half. Then, cut the whole halves in half again. If your potatoes are fairly large, you can still cut the second halves in half once more. Always make use of a sharp knife and a good sturdy cutting board.
Complete printable recipe
Ingredients (scale: 1x)
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground paprika
- ¼ cup of a freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
The preparation time is 5 minutes.
Cook time is about 20 minutes.
Total: 25 minutes
Category: appetizer, side
Yield: 4 servings (1x)
- First, cut the potatoes into wedges and allow them to dry well.
- Combine the onion powder, black pepper, salt, potato wedges, oil, paprika, and garlic powder in a large zipper bag.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400o. Arrange the wedges in one layer of the air fryer’s basket and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Shake the basket at different times while cooking.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese and parsley to sprinkle.
Serving air fryer potato wedges
After seasoning your potato wedges with black pepper and salt, or lemon pepper seasoning, serve with your fave sauce for dipping. Most people prefer barbeque sauce, most prefer Asian sauce like sweet chili or hoisin, while others prefer just a bowl of ketchup.
Turning them into a meal is simple. Just serve them as loaded wedges – top with cheese, green onions, chili, and sour cream.
They are also a perfect dinner side dish when taken with hamburgers or steak.
Carbohydrates: 24g, Calories: 196, Saturated Fat: 1g, Potassium: 541mg, Vitamin C: 7mg, Iron: 1mg, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 2IU, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 298mg, Calcium: 17mg, Sugar: 1g, Fat: 11g.
(Note that the nutrition information is only an estimate, and it can vary based on the brands of ingredients bused and cooking methods.)